top of page
One of the main spaces in which our Native and Indigenous students feel invisible is the classroom. They report being required to take history classes as core requirements, but even those classes often graze over or completely ignore the Native and Indigenous history within a topic of study, era of time, or geographical locale. How can we know where we're headed, if we don't know where we've been?
• NATIVE HISTORY AS A CORE UNIVERSITY REQUIREMENT
• FOCUS ON TRADITIONAL HOMELANDS OF WICHITA, CADDO, ETC.
• HISTORY CLASSES FOCUSED ON LOCAL LAND AND TRIBES
• TEXAS-SPECIFIC NATIVE HISTORY CURRICULUM
Native and Indigenous history is for the benefit of all UNT students.
• FOCUS ON CONTEMPORARY AND URBAN INDIAN COMMUNITIES
• NATIVE FACULTY TO INDIGENIZE THE LEARNING SYSTEM
bottom of page